Performing Arts & Dance Courses in Guildford, Surrey
Lights, camera, action – if you’re looking for a career in performing arts, our courses can help you hit the right note. Do you see your career on the stage or in front of the camera? Either way, this industry can be tough to break into - you’ll need talent, energy and loads of ambition to be successful.
Jobs in this industry can involve long hours in some challenging locations. The rewards are plentiful though, you could travel the world doing something you love, meet amazing people from all walks of life and, who knows, one day you could find yourself working alongside your own film idol! Sound exciting enough? Of course it is!
If this inspires you, then a great place to start is with us. Our Performing Arts courses are hugely practical, giving you the training you need to perform at a high level. We also make sure you learn about professional practice within the working environment, employment strategies and maintaining health and fitness for a long term career.
Delivered in well equipped drama and dance studios with ballet barres, sprung floors and mirrored walls, all our tutors have extensive performing and directing experience and really get the very best out of all of our students. Indeed, we have an excellent reputation for preparing our students to go on to some of the country’s top academies, including The London School of Contemporary Dance, The Urdang Academy, East 15, Millenium Dance and ALRA.
Obviously, performance is at the heart of our courses here and you will get plenty of opportunities to perform and participate in productions throughout the year at the College as well at local venues.
|Media and Performing Arts LASER Level 2 Diploma in Progression - 2020:21
|Performing Arts (Dance) BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma - 2020:21
|Performing Arts BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma - 2020:21
Why Choose Guildford College?
- Performing Arts students from Guildford College are frequently accepted into the country’s top academies and universities
- Well equipped drama studio with stage lighting and sound
- Three dance studios with cushioned floors, ballet barres and mirrored walls
- Well lit, spacious performance areas
- Opportunity to perform and participate in productions throughout the year at the College in local theatres and venues
- Theatre visits
- Specialist workshops developing physical skills in performance, vocal skills, improvisation and understanding of the theatre ensemble
- Work with theatre professionals and experts in the field of performance arts
- Links with local theatres, arts venues and community groups
Day to Day in Industry
- Researching your role
- Learning lines
- Promoting performances
Jobs in Performing Arts
- Drama or Theatre Workshop Leader
- Arts Development Officer
- Arts Administrator
- Drama / Dance Teacher
- Choreographer / Director
Audition for a degree in professional dance, musical theatre, dance and theatre performance, contemporary dance, acting, theatre directing, text and performance or many others.
Performing Arts - a year in photos...
“My course has given me a massive amount of confidence as well as the opportunity to complete some really valuable work experience . The support and guidance from my tutors has been outstanding and I now feel very prepared to start my career.”
Megan - Performing Arts Level 3 Extended Diploma