Benefits to your Business
UK businesses consider skills shortages and recruitment difficulties a bigger threat to performance than soaring oil prices and declining consumer spending, and employers say that qualified apprentices are 15% more employable than those with other qualifications.
Apprenticeships ensure that your workforce has the practical skills and qualifications your organisation needs now and in the future. The mixture of on and off the job learning ensures they learn the skills that work best for your business. Over 250,000 employer workplaces have and apprentice (2014/15) because they understand the benefits that apprentices bring to their business – increased productivity, improved competitiveness and a committed and competent work-force.
Apprenticeships help businesses to grow.
- 89% of employers reported that Apprenticeships helped their business improve the quality of their product or service*
- Apprenticeships enable businesses to grow their skills base resulting in increased profits, lower prices and better products*
Apprenticeships develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
- Businesses that offer Apprenticeships think that they help with their long-term development.
- Apprentices are supported by quality training from local training organisations.
Apprenticeships improve productivity while reducing costs.
- Apprenticeships are boosting productivity by helping businesses to expand the skills available in the organisation.
- The average person completing an Apprenticeship boosts productivity to businesses by on average £214 per week*. These gains include increased profits, lower prices and better products.
*Source: National Apprenticeships Week 2016 - Toolkit for schools, colleges and training providers