Specialist training workshops provide valuable practical resources and real working environments, and include:
- Purpose built construction and engineering workshops with modern machinery and technology
- High definition, state-of-the-art TV studio and production gallery
- An air cabin crew training room in the form of a simulated aircraft
- Vibrant hairdressing salons and tranquil beauty therapy rooms
- Industry standard training kitchens and The Park Room Restaurant, which is open to the public
- Large, fully equipped photography studios and darkrooms, editing suite with Apple Macs
- Well-equipped drama and dance studios with sprung floor, ballet barres and mirrored walls
- A modern business suite
- A new counselling suite, featuring rooms for group and individual practice with video recording facilities
- Exclusive study area for our degree level students
Learning Resource Centres (LRC)
The Learning Resource Centre provides access to a wide range of resources and equipment including books, DVDs, journals, e-books and open access computers.
A number of other electronic information resources can be accessed via Moodle (the College VLE).
Services and facilities are available throughout the year and a friendly team of staff are always on hand to help and advise. The LRC is open Monday - Friday, please contact them directly for their opening hours.
Tel: 0800 612 6008
The Learning Hub
Our Learning Hub features the very latest in new technology including:
- Central desks where students can use their own laptops and mobile devices
- High speed Wi-Fi connectivity
- An area connected to the College’s library catalogue system
- Tables with integral PCs for group work
- Two interactive booths for collaborative work or presentations each containing special projectors and multifunctional ‘squiggle glass’
- Five new classrooms leading from the hub, each installed with interactive projectors, squiggle glass, Wi-Fi, document visualisers and a central island for teaching, from which all the technology can be controlled.
We have over 2,000 PCs around the College, Wi-Fi hotspots and e-learning opportunities. Online resources can be accessed from any internet-enabled PC on and off site via our Virtual Learning Environment Moodle. We also have a number of dedicated Apple Macs around the College.
Supported Learning Centre
The Woodlands Centre at Merrist Wood College will provide a safe and secure learning environment for up to 64 students with severe and complex learning, social and communication difficulties and challenging behaviour that may also have a physical disability. The Centre will also cater for students who have epilepsy.
For more information, click here.