Additional Learning Support
We are committed to providing support for students who have additional needs. You can tell us about your needs at open events, on your application form, at your interview, or by contacting the learning support team directly.
We are here to help if you have an Education, Health & Care Plan, or any kind of disability or learning difficulty such as:
- Dyslexia or dyspraxia
- Speech, language or communication needs
- A physical disability affecting mobility
- Asperger’s Syndrome or Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- A visual or hearing impairment
- A history of difficulties with English or Maths
We can offer:
- Support and advice throughout the application, interview and enrolment process
- Transition visits and tasters to get you used to the College environment
- A specialist assessment of your needs
- Support in lessons
- Access to specialist equipment
- One to one or small group support in the Skills Centre
- Help and advice with study skills and organisation
- Extra English and Maths workshops to help prepare for Functional Skills and GCSE Exams
- Exam access arrangements
- A chill out space
Please contact us for more information, or to request a meeting with a member of the team:
Tel: 0800 612 6008 or click here to ask us a question.
If you are a Higher Education student you may be eligible to apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance if you have a disability, long-term health condition, mental health condition or a specific learning difficulty. Visit the DSA website for more details.
Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Local Offer
Our local offer sets out our commitment to young people who have Special Educational Needs and Disability in Guildford and the surrounding areas. We are ambitious for our students and dedicated to enabling them to become more independent, developing skills to live fulfilled adult lives within their community.
Please contact our SEND Transitions Team for more information or to arrange a visit to the college.